Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

HARRY POTTER STUDIO TOUR!!!

In case you didn't know me when I was a tween/teenager, I was OBSESSED with Harry Potter.
I made my parents buy me the 4th Harry Potter book for me in England when we were visiting for a week before we moved there. I had an electronic spell book. I had Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them before most Americans knew they existed. The books also somehow corresponded to most of my O'Rourke family reunions in middle school and high school. And my cousins and I really like the books:
My cousin Kathleen
Me
We were sitting on 2 couches that we next to each other, and not talking. Anyway, I LOVE Harry Potter. So when we talked about London, Laura mentioned that this tour was opening, and I was stoked!

So we booked tickets, about 2 months in advance. 
And it only opened about a month ago. 
AND IT'S AMAZING.
[i took about 500 photos, but i'll pare it down for you]

Had to start off with Platform 9 3/4

 shuttle from the train station to the studio
 !!!!!!
astronomy tower 
 pictures in the lobby
flying car 
 cupboard under the stairs
doors to Hogwarts 
 Great Hall
 Dumbledore
House Points 
 Daniel Radcliffe's first Harry costume
 Yule Ball costumes
Wigs (Draco, Arthur Weasley, Bloody Baron) 
 Snape's wig
Luna's costumes 
Harry Costumes from the 8th movie 
 Dormitory
 Harry's bed
 Mirror of Erised (Alyssa, Laura, Me)
 Erised
 Fat Lady
 Wands
 Azkaban Number
Snitch
Philosopher's Stone
Dumbledore's office & Sorting Hat! 
Dumbledore's office 
Invisibility Cloak 
Horcrux: Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem 
Horcrux: Marvolo Gaunt's Ring 
 Horcrux: Helga Hufflepuff's Cup
Horcrux: Tom Riddle's Diary 
 Horcrux: Salazar Slytherin's Locket
 Ministry of Magic
 Weasley Products
 Death Eater Masks
 Broomstick and Green Screen
 Tickets!
 Letters!
 Knight Bus!
Hehe.
Privet Drive 
Number Four Privet Drive 
Anamatronic Hagrid Head 
 Fawkes
Dobby
Diagon Alley
 Ollivander's!
 Tiny model of the Gryffindor common room

24:1 Scale Model of Hogwarts that they used to film 
 Me in front of the model

Laura and I 
 Daniel Radcliffe's name in Ollivander's shop
J.K. Rowling!
 Trying on a Gryffindor Robe! (fits perfect!)
Laura and my glasses! 
 
I got the official guide, a shirt, glasses and a wand at the studio and then Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone plus Tales of Beedle the Bard at the book store at Platform 9 3/4 
Hermione's Wand
Butterbeer! [Laura, Alyssa, Zoe, Me, and Laura]
In the front! 

SUCH A FUN DAY! 

I want to go back again. 

But in all seriousness, you should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment